Standing on the shoulders of beloved boots like the Sundowner, the Talus UltraDryTM delivers the waterproof durability and fit of a minimally stitched upper with the performance of a Vibram® outsole, creating a modern classic.
WHAT’S IT FOR
- Day hiking with a pack
- Light backpacking
- Best bang for your buck in the Vasque line
- All leather construction
- UltraDry™ Waterproofing System
- WEIGHT : 2 lbs. 2 oz. (974g)
- LAST : Perpetuum
- UPPER : 1.8mm Waterproof Nubuck Leather, Abrasion Resistant Mesh
- FOOTBED : Dual Density EVA
- MIDSOLE : Molded Polyurethane
- OUTSOLE : Vibram® Nuasi with XSTrek Compound
The upper is primarily 1.8mm waterproof nubuck leather, rounded out with abrasion resistant mesh in the collar. A one-piece toe and quarter increases durability and creates a sleek profile. A simple, effective speed lacing closure secures an excellent fit. Vasque’s proprietary UltraDry™ membrane is a waterproof barrier against the elements.
Vibram®’s Nuasi sole uses XSTrek compound and angular, multi-directional lugs for excellent trail traction. A rubber sidewall wrap in the toe increases stability and protection on rocky trails. A lightweight polyurethane midsole delivers backpacking boot level stability while maintaining good forefoot flex for faster pace hiking.