Garmin Fenix Chronos
$899.99 – $1,499.99
Smart notifications² through the fēnix Chronos watch let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch — whether you’re on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. The watch receives the wireless signal from a compatible smartphone² and lets you know you have a message by displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
Other connected features include automatic upload to our free Garmin Connect™ online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect™ Mobile applications.
Advanced Running Dynamics and Physiological Metrics
Go further with your running data and tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics¹. When used with a chest heart rate monitor (like HRM-RunTM, HRM-TriTM or HRM-SwimTM), fēnix Chronos reports the following data:
- Vertical oscillation and ratio — the degree of ‘bounce’ in your running motion and the benefit ratio to stride length
- Ground contact and balance — shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry
- Cadence — number of steps per minute
- Stride length — determines a responsive current pace
Physiological metrics measure your heart rate to provide:
- Stress score: fēnix Chronos measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level. The scale of this is 1 to 100; low scores indicate lower stress levels.
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fēnix Chronos compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels.
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fēnix Chronos estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue.